Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekend Endeavors

Thursday, September 8, 2011
Labor Day weekend!  The weekend where everyone and their dog go camping, go on vacation, or other fun things.  I, on the other hand, just stayed at home, went to work, and hung out with Tyler.  Not too exciting, but still fun!  The best part about Labor Day is there is no school. w00t!

On a side note, I have been going to the gym at least 4 days a week(usually 5!) since I made that promise to myself!  SUCCESS!  The gym truly makes me feel so great!  I know I have more energy, I am in better shape, I feel healthier, and I have a teeny tiny bit more muscle definition! wooo hooo!    I love working out now!  Sure, I do have those days where I just want to lounge around and I dread the gym like everybody else, BUT I have those days much less often than I used to.  I am loving the gym!

On Labor Day I had to work from 9am-4pm, but no big deal, I enjoyed it. It was actually really really slow....and I got so bored, but stayed in a good mood :], I truly started taking out the keys on the keyboard and cleaning the whole thing. And when I say I was cleaning it, I mean CLEANING it.  I was taking out the keys, and cleaning them individually, AND scraping, yes scraping, and wiping down underneath the keys. It was disgusting!! Boredom sure got the best of me.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it, but I did get a few rows of key looking good! I'm sure another super slow day will come soon and I'll get to finish.

When I got off of work I drove right to Tyler's house to hang for awhile!  We were both really hungry and decided to go to Cafe Normandie. 

I got a delicious Black Bean Burger with other fixings on it. On the side I got sweet potato fries! SO GOOD!


Ty had a garlic burger with sweet potato fries, but I didn't get a picture of it. It did look pretty good though!  After that he and I just sort of wandered around trying to think of something to do that is cheap and easy.  So we ended up just walking around his neighborhood and to the gas station near his house so he could get a Dr. Pepper.  HE IS ADDICTED TO THAT STUFF.   I don't drink soda, so I don't see the appeal...

I would also like to add that he put this picture up on his blog first. BUT I did take this picture of us with his camera, soooo I should get the credit..  ;]

We also ended up driving to Sonic because I was CRAVING a slushie type of drink, and all of the shave ice places are closed. So we drove up there so he could get a Cherry Lime Aid and me a Blue Coconut Slushie!

All in all it was a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014