Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gee, Thanks

Saturday, September 3, 2011
Inside one of the two gyms I go to, there is a small area where they will mix protein drinks for you that you customize, and they also sell a few drinks like Vitamin Water, sports drinks, Odwalla, and a few others. So a few days ago I dropped by there as I was leaving the gym to check it out because I have never looked into that small shop before. 
I ended up buying this!
I have had this drink before.  It seriously looks disgusting! It is kinda thick and 
a nasty green color. But it is SO GOOD!

Sorry the pictures are terrible, I took them with my phone in the car!  
Don't worry though, I wasn't driving at the time :]

There was a lot of fruit inside there!  This drink/smoothie is very good, and I recommend it to anyone willing to try something that looks nasty.
But when I read this backside I was very puzzled by the last thing on the list: SPIRULINA. What in the world is that?!  I had to look it up, and came up with this!

"Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids (a type of antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage). It contains nutrients, including B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid)."

What I got from that is: Spirulina is good for you!  W00T!

BUT what I found on the other side...AFTER I had almost completely finished it made me think.... "Wow. Gee, thanks Gym-I-Shall-Not-Reveal"

Expires AUGUST 13, 2011!?!
I'd also like to add that it was August 31st the day I drank it!!.....

NOT COOL!
Although it was still good, I was shocked that they don't check the expiration date on products they are selling every once in awhile? Then lucky me comes along and buys an expired drink.  Wow. haha I guess I could have paid more attention though...

I do have more to say and tell you, but I have to go to work, so I will try and posts again today or tomorrow for sure!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014