Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oranges and Jackets

Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Strange title huh?  I sure think so.
This last Sunday my mom decided to make a Thanksgiving-type dinner.  Including...everything!  Turkey, yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, and stuffing.   I'm not sure why she had the sudden urge to do this, but she did a swell job!

I helped her prepare the turkey, and I had never done that before, so that was quite interesting. She took out all of the innards herself because it really grossed me out and I just couldn't do it.  But I helped her season it and whatnot. Making a turkey is too much of an ordeal, so I'm not sure I want to do that alone any time soon.  But all of the food turned out fantastic!  I am realizing now that I LOVE yams and squash! (are they the same thing? I've been told that before, but I don't think its true...) Either way, VERY TASTY!   Wish I would have taken pictures, but I didn't really think about it.  Oh well, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it!

Before dinner, my sis Kylee and I decided to use the juicer again and make home made orange juice!



Took forever to peel them!

14 oranges!


Juicing 14 oranges ONLY took up about 1/5 of the pitcher. CRAZY

It turned out pretty tasty!  Really sour though, so I decided to add some water to it, and that did the trick. It's even better now :D

On Friday, Tyler and I got to hang out!  Unfortunately Friday is pretty much the only day we ever get to spend time with one another, but we still make the best of it. After just wasting time and walking around his neighborhood and whatnot, we had dinner at The Spaghetti Factory!  It was really good!

I ordered the Spinach Cheese Ravioli
The food was great!  Unfortunately Tyler's Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo didn't sit well him, but he felt better through the end of the night.  We were also going to go to Rocky Mountain Raceway to watch Midnight Drag with some friends, but he and I were exhausted so we ended up skipping it and just resting and I went home shortly after.
  
Well this morning I got up about 6:15 so I could go to the gym before class and have enough time to get ready and get to class on time.  I ran one lap around Murray Park, which really isn't that far, but it was still nice! In fact, it was pretty chilly, so I had to wear a light sweatshirt.  I also lifted weights and whatnot, and I feel great!  I also went by Subway, yes Subway AGAIN, and I decided to try their breakfast for the first time.  It was pretty good!  I had a 6" flat bread sandwich with egg, cheese, spinach, onions and jalapenos.  YUM!  I was actually pretty impressed with it.  Since it was a somewhat chilly day today, or it was for me at least, I decided to wear Tyler's jacket!
I took this in the locker room at the gym, so the quality is crap.  For some reason, Tyler's jackets are always SO comfortable!  He gave me this one and I was psyched to wear it!  I love wearing them because they are big and comfortable, and not to mention, he wore/wears them too, so they remind me of him.  :D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014