Friday, September 30, 2011

Lots To Post

Friday, September 30, 2011
Alright guys, I am finally getting around to posting pictures and whatnot of what I have been up to.  It's been crazy busy and tiring lately and I have lots to tell, so I'll do my best to keep you up to date!
And try to remember that all of this didn't come from yesterday, or last week. This stuff has come from the past few weeks! Yes I know, I'm a slacker.


Double Rainbow
 W00T!  A double rainbow!  I woke up one morning to leave for school, and as I was walking to my car I happened to spot this!  I ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS forget to bring my camera anywhere. For some reason, I just don't remember!  So I always take pictures with my phone, so that is partly why the quality is quite not up to par.

Concert
I don't recall what the name of the event was, but the U was having a school activity/concert thing one night.  Tyler and I decided to go to it and we met up with our good friend Tristan and some of her friends.  It was, for me at least, SO MUCH FUN!  I have never been to a concert before in my life. Terrible I know.  

Side note—Actually, a few years ago me and my dad and brother all went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  Which was AWESOME!!  But I don't count that as a real concert yet, because I didn't have to pay for the ticket and it wasn't necessarily a band. 
If you have never heard of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, LOOK IT UP!! It's not like a lame, regular orchestra. They play Christmas songs but with electric guitars and laser shows and whatnot, and it is seriously awesome!

Continuing onto the regular story, we all were hanging around The Union waiting for something to happen, because at first it was lame. Nothing was happening, there were just booths to look at. Then the opening band played a few songs and they weren't too bad.  Then the main band came out to play. It was Cobra Starship!  I am not a huge fan of them, but I did recognize the name and was excited to see them live. I didn't expect to have so much fun because their music isn't necessarily my cup of tea. But it was dark by the time they came on and they sounded great! I even recognized quite a few songs and sang along.  About 2 songs into the show, I looked at my friends and said we should go in there! I then pointed to the middle of the big crowd. We all agreed and shoved our way through!

Those pictures above were taken when we were on the outer rim of the crowd.

But we got much closer!

Alright, so we weren't in the MIDDLE middle, but we were still in the huge crowd and surrounded by jumping fans, so we just joined in and had tons of fun!
I didn't think I would have as much fun as I did, but it seriously was GREAT!


Soccer
Awhile ago my Aunt Jennifer said that she had a few tickets, that he work gave her, to a Real Salt Lake soccer game on a Saturday! I have never been to one of those games before so I REALLY wanted to go! They were tickets to one of those box suites and my aunt invited me and Ryan, my brother.  Unfortunately, I had work that night til 9 :[  And the game started at 7:00 I think.  BUT I ended up getting off early because it was SO slow, and we had almost nobody else working because the majority of the employees went to a wedding reception of one of the girls who worked with us.  So I called my boss and I was able to leave there at 8!  When I got to the stadium, I was able to watch about 20 minutes of the game. Short, but fun:] I definitely want to go to another game and watch the entire thing.

My aunt also said that a band was performing after the show! Man, TWO CONCERTS IN ONE WEEK!  Crazy!  It was One Republic, and I recognized them too!  Once again, not my cup of tea, but they are very talented and it was fun!

They let people on the field to watch One Republic

Tons of people were on the field!  The announcer kept saying "Parents please keep your kids from sliding on the grass." And wouldn't ya know it, they all kept on sliding on the field and nobody cared... 

Once the concert was finished and the field cleared.

Trying to be serious like the players...

 I'll probably post again today to tell you more. But I am in class now, Introduction to Forensic Anthropology.  

See ya!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014