Friday, August 19, 2011

Snowbird!

Friday, August 19, 2011
Snowbird was a blast! It was an extremely mini get-away, but I still loved it. After work on Monday night(9:00pm unfortunately) I headed to Sunflower Farmers Market again to grab a few more items then up the canyon I went. I stayed Monday and Tuesday night and left Wednesday later in the day.

MONDAY
When I arrived it was about 10:30pm. I was pretty tired so I just watched some TV then ended up going to sleep about 12. I realize it was very uneventful, but it was also really nice to have some time to myself up in the beautiful mountains.

TUESDAY
The sun woke me up that morning around 9:30am. I got out of bed and sat out on the small balcony that looks out directly on the mountain! It was a beautiful morning!


Seriously, isn't it BEAUTIFUL up there?!


Then, right when I was having a fantastic morning and about to go eat breakfast, I stood up from the chair on the balcony, walked toward the sliding glass door, pulled it and....... IT DIDN'T OPEN!!   Yes, I did in fact, some how, brilliantly LOCK myself out on the balcony.  I am an utter genius huh?!     
Okay, I would also like to add that I messed with the lock the previous night and APPARENTLY, when it is locked, you can still open it from the inside but once you're out and the door is shut, you are now TRAPPED on the deck.

fan-freakin-tastic

To make things even awesomer(is that a word?  doubt it) my phone was inside so I couldn't call the Iron Blosam front desk.  So, after a mild panic attack, I sat down, calmed down and enjoyed being outside while I occasionally searched for people out on their balconies near me so I could hopefully be freed.
After about 30 minutes, a bunch of kids were out on a balcony about 2 levels lower than me and I saw their mom. I then proceeded to say "excuse me! excuse me!"  She looked up *obviously confused* and I told her my predicament and she called the front desk and they came up and I was FREEE!  




After my embarrassing endeavor, I UNLOCKED the sliding glass door and went inside to grab my breakfast.

I was so hungry, I already ate the top of my Lemon Poppy Seed muffin before the pictures... haha, I love them!




I obviously didn't eat EVERYTHING in the first picture.  I left half of the blueberries and the grapes too, but I was stuffed.  It was SO good!

I went on a really easy hike, which is more of a mountain stroll really, and I jogged that, enjoyed the scenery, and jogged back.  Then I went to the "Exercise Room" in the condo/hotel place and I did the elliptical for 30minutes and then did a few leg machines and crunches.  Once again, this whole exercising 5 days a week thing is making me feel GREAT!

I laid out by the pool and just relaxed after my workout and my grandma came up around 5:30 when she got off work!  I think ALL of my grandparents are AWESOME!  I love them all so much!  So having my grandma come up was wonderful :D
We went and had dinner at a restaurant at the Snowbird Center called "The Steak Pit."  It was amazing.  Such yummy food, which we split in half, and the outside patio was really pretty too!



Here is our cool little salad/bread/croutons/dressing holder. Wheat bread might I add, which is so good!


Now, I realize that some people who read this are vegetarians or vegans, and I am sorry for this picture. BUT this did taste AMAZING with the steamed asparagus.

That night after dinner we went to the pool and hot tub and really just relaxed some more because the next morning we were going to hike down the mountain!
WEDNESDAY
We got up at about 9:30am, or at least I did, Grandma got up at 5:15! Her body, she says, always wakes her up that early.  That's crazy in my opinion.  We got dressed for the day in hiking-ish gear, and headed to "The Forklift" for breakfast.  Every year I go up to Snowbird, I ALWAYS have breakfast there.  It isn't any special place nor do they make amazing food, it is just tradition.   I had whole wheat pancakes and Grandma had a breakfast burrito. Both of which were very tasty!
After breakfast we purchased tickets to ride the Tram up the mountain *about 11,000ft above sea level* and then proceeded to hike down the mountain.  It took us about 2hours and 30minutes.  It was kinda annoying because it was SO rocky in some places and it, obviously, was all down hill so our knees and toes were being a bit bothered, but it was still fun! 



Grandma called me today (Thursday) to tell me how sore she was. Hahaha, fortunately I woke up feeling normal.

Til next time!
TTFN

1 comment :

  1. Shannah, thank you for your very discriptive summary of your annual stay at Snowbird (I loved it, especially the early morning deck experience). I must say I would have probably stayed there until Grandma Schultz rescued me. I think what you have is gumption! Also, I'm loved hearing your first day at the U was an good experience. I wonder if that means your year will be terrific. It has been really nice visiting with you and I plan to stop in again. Thanks again for letting me visit. You are wonderful! Grandmap Payan

    ReplyDelete

Keys to My Sanity © 2014