Monday, May 20, 2013

New Member of Our Little Family

Monday, May 20, 2013
I had a coworker asked me yesterday: "Are you are your husband... trying?"
By trying, she meant are Mark and I attempting to have a kid...

To that I responded: "Oh heavens no!  Not for many years."

No kids in the near future, but we do have a new little one!

Lily
Also known as: Lily Lu, Lillers, Lillerbug
Birthday: March 20, 2013

Oh, and we picked her up on our 2 month wedding anniversary:]
She is now almost 4 pounds! 
Half Beagle, Half Chihuahua

Quite honestly, she is one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen in my life!!
Mark and I are obsessed with this little face!



The poor little thing, at about 4ish weeks old before we got her, was playing with one of her sisters. 
While playing, her eye got scratched and caused her tear gland to swell and come out of place:[
It is commonly known as Cherry Eye and isn't too big of a deal. 

Luckily, Lily doesn't really acknowledge it is there, so it isn't painful at all.
But it does have to be put back in place and the vet wants to wait a little less than
 a month to do it so she will be a bit bigger.

Even though the little puppy we saw at the park the day we got to choose one out of the three has a small injury, we still fell in love with her and needed to take her home!  
She will have it taken care of in no time :]



Not pleased with my face all up in her grill




She picked out this toy herself.
Lily loves this rope way more than her mini tennis balls that Mark and I picked out for her








She is such a hyper little thing when it is play time! Bouncing around, biting fingers and toes (we're working on that one), and running around and around the futon then darting under it.  But because she is so young still, she takes frequent naps during the day, so she is just a barrel of energy when she wakes up.

I must say, Lily has added a lot more responsibility to mine and Mark's shoulders.  We obviously love playing with her, teasing and cuddling, but she has needs too.

We have to feed her on time every day, we have to discipline her during potty training, we take her out to go potty all the time I feel like, even during the middle of the night (they say puppies can "hold it" an hour for every month old they are, so she can hold it in for about 2 hours now), and we have to make sure to take her on walks and give her the attention and exercise that she needs.

Ever since we got her, Mark and I get so dang excited thinking about our future camping days with her, going to the lake where she can run and swim around, and just taking her with us almost everywhere we go.

I am so happy about our little family!  

1 comment :

  1. Way cute, Shan. Bring her by sometime, we'd love to meet her

    ReplyDelete

Keys to My Sanity © 2014