Friday, May 24, 2013

Challenge Yourself

Friday, May 24, 2013
You guys will never guess what I did about 2 weeks ago...

It is ridiculous
It was spontaneous
It will be rigorous
It will be physically and mentally challenging
It will be here in 136 days
It will be one of the biggest accomplishments of my life
...and I will probably want to pass out when it is over with.



You read that correctly
I am running the 26.2 on October 5th, 2013

How in heavens name did this even happen?!
I like to place the blame onto my brother-in-law, Tim.  

He called a few weeks ago to talk to Mark and I happened to be with him while he was on speaker phone. 
I heard Tim say, "You guys should come down to St. George in October."
We both thought that was a bit strange.  Why October?  What's happening then?

So of course we asked why, and he said "Cause your boy is running the 26.2!"

I looked in disbelief at Mark, but he seemed a bit confused.  But I knew. 
I just yelled, "TIM! You're running a marathon?!?!"

We talked about it and he said it is on his Bucket List and thinks it would be awesome motivation to get into shape, too.
I agreed with him on all levels and it made my wheels start turning in the back of my mind. 

It was the last day to sign up and he told me and Mark it would be awesome if we signed up too!

Unfortunately Mark has bad knees, so he won't be able to do it.  But I on the other hand got inspired and just freaking did it on a whim!

It is going to be so dang awesome because I will be running a MARATHON with my brother-in-law AND his wife (sister-in-law), Annie!  How cool is that??
My family members are astounding, huh?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014