Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Feeling Nostalgic

Wednesday, May 8, 2013
WARNING!
Sappy
Post
Ahead


I had the day off today (praise the heavens) and was able to spend the evening with my dad and grandparents!

We all just chatted about my new job, life, future endeavors, etc. Not to mention my grandma made some tasty spaghetti and garlic bread because we were over.  She is so sweet and is always thinking of us.  My dad and I weren't planning on staying for dinner, but she offered and started making it even after we said "Oh no, that's okay. Don't worry about us!"  BAM!  and just like that, we were all eating at the dinner table.

When I got home I was texting Mark while he worked and I started to explore Facebook. 

While wasting time on Facebook, I found myself on my husband's wall scrolling down as far back as I could go.

I then came upon this photograph...

(This is kind of a creep photo seeing as I jacked it from his FB and those 2 women have no idea their faces are on here. Sorry I am not sorry)

This is a photo of my wonderful husband which was taken a few weeks before we had met. He was at his internship with his two mentors and he happened to post it on Facebook in 2011. 


Why would I post this on my blog?
Because the moment I saw this photo on my laptop tonight, it brought back so many good memories. 

This is the very first photograph I had ever seen of Mark.  

When we started talking, this was his profile picture. (Because I was totally looking for him on FB and adding him as a friend) And, hey, isn't that how the young people get together now a days; the internet?    I thought he was so dang cute! 

...Seriously though, look at that dimple!

Any who, it reminded me of the first time he sat next to me in class and asked if I played basketball (based on the T-Shirt I was wearing from my high school team)
-It reminded me of first adding him on Facebook.  I was nervous he was going to think I was a creep for adding so quickly.   Oh boy, the stuff we worry ourselves with when it comes to relationships... 
-It reminded me of my first impression of him:  sporty, academic, cute, funny and fun. 
-It also reminded me of our Facebook instant messenger conversation we had which lasted hours, HOURS people.  Not joking, 4 hours on messenger in one sitting after knowing each other like a week. 
-It brought back memories of us studying for our midterm where we had so much fun and began realizing Hey, I really like this kid!
-It also made me remember the day I asked if he wanted to play basketball one time.  Which he responded with a smile and YES. 

I love how the little things are what make us remember our wonderful pasts.  Just a simple photo I happened to stumble upon is what brought back so many emotions of our first few encounters. 


These shoes, for another example, have SO much meaning


These are the shoes I wore on our wedding day!
I refused to wear heels and go home that night with blistered feet and possibly a broken ankle. 
Dramatic?  
I think not. 

But I wore these shoes to work last week and I was so proud to sport them.  I stood in front of my fiancĂ© the moment he became my husband in these puppies and I am proud of it!

Notice what is woven into the shoes  :D

The littlest of things can bring back a whirlwind of emotions and memories.
I love experiencing some of my happiest moments all over again. 

1 comment :

  1. WOW, you never stop amazing me! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Keys to My Sanity © 2014