Friday, November 9, 2012

Time To Give Thanks

Friday, November 9, 2012
I'm coming out of blogging retirement....again.
I'm like the Michael Jordan or Brett Favre of the blog world.

I just want to warn you all that this blog topic is completely unoriginal and I am sure you'll see it somewhere else.
But is there ever really a limit to how much you are thankful for or how many people display their thanks? No sir!

I would like to do 30 Blogs of Thanks, but I am behind. Story of my life.
I'll go ahead and do nine today and a blog a day until Thanksgiving!

1.  Marky Mark
 best friend. fiancé. cooking partner. workout buddy.
source of laughter. supporter. teacher. partner in crime.
I guess you could say I love this guy.





2. Salt Lake City
I was born and raised here.  I grew up hearing other people talk about 
how they hated living here and that they were going to move to California.
I just want to ask them, "Have you ever really looked outside?"




 I mean really, how many people have access to this kind of view?
I love my home. 



3.  Basketball
Without basketball, there is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't
have started developing a relationship with Mark.
It is something that has brought me joy, physical pain, excitement, 
team camaraderie, frustration, tears(happy and sad ones), happiness, bruises, learning experiences, and feelings of success.
It is absolutely the best. I miss it!




4.  Sweets
I'm not talking Sour Patch Kids(though tasty in their own way).
I am thinking more along the lines of chocolate, peanut butter, smores, ice cream, cake, brownies, etc.




5.  Hot Chocolate On A Winter Day
No, this doesn't go under the sweets section. This is totally different.

Imagine your toes freezing because of snow soaked shoes and socks. 
Your hands ice cold from that snowball you knew you shouldn't have made
but throwing it at your friend made your icy hands totally worth it.
The cold wind sending shivers down your body as you make the treacherous journey to your car, which is also a bit frigid.

THEN you grab a cup of hot chocolate and feel the heat radiating 
from the mug warm your hands and the rest of you body with each gulp.
Not to mention your tastebuds approve of this decision. Trust me.


6.  U of U
I am so grateful for the opportunity to further my education
at a credible university.  Many people will not have this chance, so I feel very lucky. 




7.  Exercise
The fact I have an able body that is capable of getting stronger and
healthier by lifting weights and running is amazing.

A healthy body will never go out of style. 
It is something to be proud of. 



8.  My Best Friend
Yo, Tmac.  We are quite a pair.
Oh the adventures we have.  Thank you for always being there for me!
Who else do I have to talk about boys with, have Alberton's and Park City adventures with, leave a 5 gallon Geyser water in the car for years, and just be strange with? 






9.  Family
I am grateful for the family I have always had and for the 
family I will join come March 9th.

Grandpa, Ryan, Me, Dad, and Grandma

Grandpa, Aunt Jennifer, Grandma, Dad, Me, and Ry


Me, Grandma, Grandpa, Kylee, Ryan

Mark's Family!
I felt so privileged to be involved in this photo at Mark's brother's wedding.




Stay tuned for 10—30!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014