Sunday, January 29, 2012

Comedy....and Food [of course]

Sunday, January 29, 2012
A few weeks ago, my Aunt Jennifer, Dad, Ryan and I  all went to go see Jim Gaffigan live!   Ever heard of him?  If not, all you need to do is go to YouTube and type in "hot pockets". You'll understand how awesome he is soon enough.  Ryan, Dad and myself had seen him once before a few years ago and this show was just as good!  He had new material and also threw in some of the old favorites, like Hot Pockets of course.   Good stuff!   Before the show the four of us went to Mark Street Broiler for dinner and it was delightful!  

Our Beverages

My virgin Piña Colada!   I LOVE them so much!
This one in particular was amazing! Probably the best I've had, actually.

Aunt Jennifer's martini for which I do not recall the name


Dad's Blueberry Martini.  Check out the little blueberries!

I would have shown you guys Ryan's drink, but it was just Dr. Pepper (or Coke, I don't remember).  
We all know what that looks like. 

Appetizer

Obviously it would be their amazing Clam Chowder!

Entrées

My Teriyaki, with pineapple, Mahi with potatoes and green beans!

Dad's weird stew thing. It has clams and/or muscles and whatever else that stuff is. 
Looks nasty, but kinda cool too.

Of course Ryan, who isn't into seafood, got a bacon burger there. 
A bacon burger people! Really?? Ha!
I will say, it does look really good though


After an amazing dinner, we headed to the show and all had a great time



Now, LAST week, I was lucky enough to get another does of comedy.
For Christmas, my grandma and grandpa were kind enough to give me two tickets to go see Brian Regan!  He is hilarious, so I was psyched to see him live!  I didn't take any pictures, but Mark and I had a lot of fun at the show! We walked to the Dick's Sporting Goods after the show so Mark could get his new sweatshirt.  During that process we got distracted by the Jazz game that was playing on their TV, so we had to stay and watch a little.  The game was getting intense and only had a few minutes left, and they kicked us out!  I'm sure the employees just wanted to go home and were closing up shop, but hey man!, we wanted to finish the game.  We ended up calling Mark's dad to give us a play by play over the phone while we made our way back to the car.  I must say, he did a pretty dang good job as a commentator:]

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014