Friday, December 16, 2011

Food!

Friday, December 16, 2011
First order of business.....School Is Out!  Thank God....  that's all I have to say.   Out until January; but still! This is a very much needed break.

But I have to confess that during finals week, I skipped the gym.  A WHOLE SE7EN DAYS with no work out! (studying and work took up a lot of my time)  I felt awful.  Just gross and lazy.  Not to mention I didn't care what I ate, really.  So I didn't exercise, got stressed out over tests, and ate like crap.  Needless to say I felt guilty and am ready for fun!
I also have to keep in mind that a setback on a workout/healthy eating regimen is only normal.  So I just need to get back at it and act like it never happened.  Which is what I have been doing the past 2 days. So that is good news!

RANDOM STUFF

My dinner at work I have quite a bit.  It is a microwave asian noodle soup thing. It is vegan:]
It really is pretty good!  Even if it does look like worms...

TASTY SNACK

Have you ever had Cottage Cheese?  I love it.  So much!  If you throw some of that in a bowl with some fruit, I'll be a happy camper. 



I realize it looks absolutely disgusting, it really does. BUT, it is delicious!  
Oranges in cottage cheese is amazing

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

I feel as though this title says it all.  Wow. They were so good!

Last Saturday Mark and I were hanging out and having a swell time as always.  He ended coming up with the idea to make a Reeses-type dessert.  Because I am a peanut butter fiend(ha!), I was game.   
It was SO simple too!  We found a recipe online, went to the grocery store to grab a few items, and were on our way to creating these great things!


Our mini cupcake paper cups.  We had to spray them with Pam so they wouldn't stick...obviously.  But that can had some serious spray power, so we had to hold it up high and spray. We still just sprayed the table the majority of the time and kept missing the cups.  We are talented folk. 

This picture is absolutely awful.  My phone camera didn't want to focus for some odd reason.  But this is the peanut butter inside mixture.  Which Mark and I discovered was pretty good all on its own....

Before we put them in the fridge to chill for a few hours.  



Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the "after."  But they were absolutely delicious. Mark and I (and his friend Ty) did an amazing job!  They may not have been pretty, but at least they tasted good! Which really, is the ultimate goal. 

After making our awesome dessert and put it in the fridge for awhile, we decided to go see the lights at Temple Square.  It really is a pretty place during Christmas, regardless of your beliefs.  This was the first time he had ever seen the lights downtown around Christmas time, so that was cool I could be the one he went with!  We had tons of fun!  

I'll try to get better at blogging! 
I have just been too busy.  Work, school, finals, papers, and I have to throw in a social life.   Things have been going fantastic lately, and I am absolutely loving it:D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Keys to My Sanity © 2014